Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Do YOU Want to Light the City Christmas Tree?

Hello Everyone,

I am writing with something exciting for you all.

I am going to be gone for Thanksgiving!

Well, that may not be the most exciting thing, but my annual Thanksgiving trip to hang out with my family leaves one very important Mayoral Duty unfilled:

THE LIGHTING OF THE CITY CHRISTMAS TREE!

For those of you that don't know, the City Christmas Tree is set-up and prepared in the week before Thanksgiving along with the decking out of the downtown for the holidays. This giant evergreen is then lit as the culmination of the parade that happens on the Friday immediately after Thanksgiving! The tree will say lit throughout the holiday season to give us all some holiday cheer and a little light in the dark season.

BUT WHO'S GOING TO DO IT?

To solve this dilemma I thought up a plan. Here it is:

CALLING ALL KIDS! WRITE ME A SHORT ESSAY (100-300 words) ABOUT WHY YOU LOOK FOWARD TO THE HOLIDAYS!  IF I SELECT YOUR ESSAY, YOU WILL BE THE PERSON IN CHARGE OF LIGHTING THE CHRISTMAS TREE!

A few hints:

1. Make sure that you are going to be in town on Friday November 27th... The lighting ceremony will be right after the parade.

2. I like stories! Tell me a short story that explains why you look forward to the holidays. You can do it!

3. Be clever! I like to see how smart our young folks are!



So here are the official rules:
-You have to be in school (elementary, junior high, senior high, it doesn't matter!)
-You have to get your essay in to City Hall or emailed to me by Friday, November 20th
-You have to be able to show up and light the tree on November 27th!
-You will get a copy of the City Proclamation declaring YOU the official tree lighter of 2015!

So go on and write your essay and get them in to me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home